«
»

Monday, April 21, 2008

Snow



I woke up this morning (while struggling to finish my homework) to the lovely silence of snow. Its April! How is one supposed to show off their cute new gladiator sandals when its 32 degrees outside? I swear my town is mother nature's personal snow globe. Just when you'd like to think things are settling down she gets bored and shakes us around! I mean honestly, you spend all this time shopping for new spring fashions and you never get to wear them until summer. Seriously? Fortunately, for me I've learned to live with it.

Instead of just settling for the old, boring cute t-shirt and jeans I've decided to mix and match the past seasons with spring. Those of the fashion world of today know that this spring is all about bright colors. Why not wear some brightly colored tights with a skirt and blouse? It may sound unoriginal, but trust me color is always an essential to making a basic outfit look way better than it actually is. If you're more of a jeans and a t-shirt kinda girl try adding a scarf or pins or both to your outfit. I prefer a more simple look where as Lola has a million things going on. However, even Lola knows that at a certain point enough is enough. If you want to try for lots of different patterns going on at once remember to add in a solid or two to balance it out. Also for the sake of every ones sanity avoid wearing winter boots with a micro mini skirt. Seriously that look is so passe.

Holla to those who are actually enjoying spring.

Holla to those, like me, who are still getting frostbite.

Seriously, I hate snow.

xLUCY

0 comments: